There is an obsession with needing to do something all of the time, a cultural badge of honor. It’s not unusual to wake up and scroll through your feeds before even saying ‘Good morning’ to the person lying next to you, or checking in with yourself. As a society we have never worked more hours in a week than we do now; we have never pushed ourselves so hard. Our list of things ‘to do’ never ends – it just keeps getting bigger. And are we happier for it? When was the last time you just sat and did nothing? Reflected? Took time out for yourself just to ‘be’?
If this resonates with you or you’ve ever found yourself feeling stuck in cycles of stress, dissatisfaction and discontent, or unsure how to simply relax and find some inner peace, then the practice of mindfulness is for you.
Mindfulness is the art of living in the moment, rather than 2 minutes ahead or 2 weeks behind. This style of thinking allows you to wholly experience everything in your life; taking time to focus on the present. The benefits don’t stop there. It’s also been found to reduce cortisol (the stress hormone), it allows you to handle stress better, and more recently, ‘mindful eating’ has been linked to weight loss.
So, how can I get involved?
Melli O’Brien, of MrsMindfulness.com, presents The Mindfulness Summit; 31 Days of Mindfulness a FREE 31-day online summit this October 1-31st designed to bring mindfulness to everyone, giving you the opportunity to learn mindfulness from the comfort of your own home, from some of the world’s most respected teachers.
The Mindfulness Summit is a not-for-profit project, with a mission to make mindfulness mainstream. The summit aims to create a global community of people bringing mindfulness into their lives, whilst making a positive impact on the lives of others. This is why all monies raised from the summit project will be going to mindfulness based charities, including Breathworks, The Oxford Mindfulness Centre and Mindfulness in Schools; charities all working in the field to further mindfulness research and teaching.
Over the month of October, for 31 days you’ll be invited to listen to 31 world renowned mindfulness experts speak on TheMindfulnessSummit.com sharing their knowledge and wisdom with you all. Join speakers including Ruby Wax, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach and Joseph Goldstein as they share their tips, stories and some of the best ways to incorporate mindfulness into your life.
As part of the 31 days of mindfulness, we’ll also be sharing our best tips for mindfulness, wellness and meditation, as well as setting small challenges for you throughout the month – and these are all designed to be easy, accessible, and something you can slip into your daily routine.
You will learn how to transform your inner world to a place of wholeness and ease, handling life’s challenges with more wisdom and skill. By the end of the summit you will have learnt how to integrate mindfulness more fully into daily life. Stop being ‘busy’ for the sake of being busy. Be still. Recharge. Re-engage. Your mindfulness journey starts now.
How It Works:
1. Every day in October there will be new interviews, presentations and meditations sessions uploaded to TheMindfulnessSummit.com.
2. Register for free on the website to gain access to everything
3. Sign up for the newsletter and follow Mrs Mindfulness on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the 31 Days of Mindfulness Challenge, extra summit content, opportunities to chat with the speakers, mindfulness tips and more!
4. Become a more mindful, meditative version of you!
How to Take Part :
1. Register on TheMindfulnessSummit.com for updates on the challenge and the summit.
2. Follow Mrs Mindfulness on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Pinterest.
3. Use the hashtag #MindfulnessSummit to join in on the conversation – see what other people are saying and get involved.
4. Sign up to our newsletter for bonus tips, the best mindfulness articles and extra updates.